Thursday, June 17, 2010

In The Singing Box

I figure I should let everyone know that the name of my blog was ill-chosen...

Not that I'm entirely unhappy with that. I just don't know how it's possible that all the other good Animal Collective songs were already chosen. I didn't expect I would be so lucky as to get to use "Did You See the Words", but I at least thought maybe "The Purple Bottle" might be available. A lesson in the limited frontiers of internet real estate to be sure.

(Note: whoever is behind the weirdness of "didyouseethewords.blogspot.com" only updates once every 3 months... based on that statistic, I should legally be allowed to squat this awesome URL. Damn you!!!!)

Even as a frequent Animal Collective apologist, it's hard to defend 'In The Singing Box' as a decent blog title. Based on its use as a song alone... this off-balanced trapeze act from their debut is about as unlistenable as this amazing band ever gets.

Alas, it's time to deal... In The Singing Box it is!

And I even promise to update this too... just... for you!

Live from Bedstuy,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment